Instead of New Year’s resolutions, I’m checking in on my own #29for29 goals that are going to run out of time in five short months.
The end of 2016 was pretty cray for me, so let’s see where I’m at.
Visit two new countries I’ve never been to before.Ghana and Dubai Take a cooking class.December 16, Dad and I went to a class that was all about cranberries.
- Work out again. For at least a solid 3-6 months routine if not longer.
Attend a gala.Went to the Margarita Ball November 19th to benefit children’s charities.
- Plant a tree.
Do something that absolutely terrifies me.
- Write a new book. It’s coming along really slowly. I may have to substitute something else here…
- Learn how to do one fancy hairstyle really, really well. I can do one fairly decent, but it needs some work.
- Make a pilgrimage to my heart-home. Spring Break?
- Re-read Jasper Fforde’s books I love and read the new ones for the first time.
- While I’m at it, let’s do the same for Harry Potter. Progress so far: I’m in Book 4.
Buy a stranger’s dinner.Did this one a couple of times, actually.
- Finally learn to use my sewing machine.
- Complete a 30-day photo challenge.
Go clubbing.In two different cities, no less. Catch up with all the people with whom I never intended to lose touch.
- Find a new volunteering opportunity.
Get a makeover, just for fun.Rolled this one into the gala one on November 19.
- Have a legit 12-hour movie marathon – topic to be determined.
- Finish my “Girl Power” wall of inspiration (for now, I’m never really done with any of my creative projects).
- Write fan letters to the five people whose work I admire most. 2 down.
- Spend a day completely by myself.
- Get another tattoo. Already working on it, should get started within the next week – but it’s a doozy, so it’ll take a couple of sessions.
- Color something
every. single. week.So far. Throw a four-course dinner party that I cook myself. December 29th! Mark one more off my list of the “World’s Most Beautiful Libraries.”George Peabody Library in Baltimore
- Learn to meditate.
See at least one more live performance of *something.*I’ve been to so, so many. Seth Meyers, jazz, poetry reading, cultural dancing in Dubai, DNCE in January…
- Write a “29”
blog post every month. So far!
So. 11 done, 5 in progress, 2 good so far, and 11 to go.
Still making it! But I need to get a small move on, because I’m over halfway out of time and not quite halfway done with the list. I’m sure I can do it.