1. Worrying about everything being ready for next week: my classroom, the syllabus, the first 3 lessons, my teaching style…
2. The fact that my large dog is getting so clingy that I have to literally sit next to his bowl so he’ll eat. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
3. The students on my virtual grad school discussion boards who are like, “OMG, WE’RE IN THE SAME CLASS, LET’S BE FRIENDS NOW!” Nah, you guys, it’s online. That’s so not going to happen.
4. My anxiety about graduate school in general. It’s controlled, but only just.
5. The woman who stopped in the middle of the Target parking lot to take a selfie. You’re in a parking lot. Stop it.